Thursday, March 10, 2011

Days 47 - 54

Hello there!  So quite a bit happened this week.  I ate better, worked out quite a bit and dropped a little over 2 pounds.  I'm ok with the slow weight loss.  Losing 2 pounds a week is allegedly the healthiest pace for weight loss.  That is equal to 8 - 10 pounds a month.  And that equals 50 pounds in 5 months.  So here we go.  No more stupid Nutrisystem, no crazy supplements, no HCG drops.  Just eating reasonably well and working out 5 - 6 days a week.  Good times :)

Also this week, I got a job!  So that stress is gone.  Yay!  I won't actually start work for 3 months or so (have to get numerous certifications and credentials before I am legal to start) so I'm looking for something part time just to have somewhere to go during the day.  But the stress of not having a job is gone!

So this job brings 2 new fitness goals with it.

  1. I have to pass a physical.  That will take place probably in the next two weeks.
  2. I have the pass a week long National Guard training course that culminates in a firefighter's test (pulling a body out of a fire and all that jazz) and a water rescue.  That one will probably happen in about 3 months.  No way do I want to be the fatty in the class who can't pass.
So yay for goals.  3 fitness goals!  (The first one being the trip to Nepal and hiking the Himalayas) Ahh, I feel good!  I've gotten my working out on track, now I just gotta rein in my eating.  One bad habit at a time I guess. 

Day 54 Weight: 186 - Down a little more than 2 pounds from last week.  Not bad; I'll take it.  It's much better that gaining 6 pounds like last week.

Day 54 Food: Not gonna lie, I ate horribly today.  I didn't even eat until after 4 pm.  But that's when I got hungry.  I got up this morning and was going to grab breakfast, but my stomach rolled at the idea of food, so I didn't eat.  I had some doughnuts at 4 something and then dinner (Sonic) around 6:30.  I promise you that I normally eat both breakfast and lunch, today I just couldn't.  

Day 54 Workout: Today I did the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred video, Level 2.  Good stuff man.  I still can't stand her though.  So she gets muted.  The video i much better that way.

Two more things I'm excited about, but have absolutely nothing to do with weight loss.  I found two recipes to try.  One for a home made hair removal wax and one for home made pore strips - think Biore strips.  I'm gonna try both of these this week.  I'll let you know how it works out.

I need to come up with a good sign off line.  Like, "Stay classy San Diego" or something.  Ideas? 



No comments:

Post a Comment