Thursday, March 3, 2011

Days 40 - 46

OK.  So once a week is NOT gonna work for me.  Let me explain.  About a week and a half ago I was being my usual charming obsessive self when a few friends recommended that I take a step back (I think they meant calm the heck down) and start monitoring my weight on a weekly basis instead of a daily basis.  They felt I was driving myself insane by getting on the scale everyday.  So I thought I'd give it a try.  I got on the scale last Thursday, wrote my blog, went to Austin for the weekend, came back, didn't eat perfectly, but didn't eat horribly either, and then got on the scale this morning.  Last week I gained 6 pounds.  6 pounds.  I was shocked.  So no more.  I gotta stay on top of this.  I'm going back to weighing everyday and posting much more frequently.  

Day 46 Weight: 189.4 FAIL


Day 46 Food:
Breakfast - Nutrisystem Apple granola bar
Lunch - 2 slices pizza
Dinner - 1 slice pizza

Day 46 Workout: Went for a 2 mile run/walk.  Made 2 miles in 32 minutes, plus cool down.  Yesterday I downloaded this really cool app for my iPhone called Pedometer Pro.  It tracks distance, speed, calories burned, length of time spent working out, and steps.  You enter your weight and height and it gives you your Body Mass Index (it was lovely seeing my percentage followed by the beautiful word "obese") and lets you set goals as far as weight loss, toning, and endurance building.  And it used the GPS to track my route, so now I have a 2 mile lap through my neighborhood.  Oh!  And you can post your workout on FB through the app.  So I'm going to post it each day.  So if we're friends on FB and you haven't see something from me in a day or two, feel free to tell me to get up off my butt and go run.

Also, for workout today, I did two solid hours of yard work.  We have two huge trees in the front yard, so I raked the yard and picked up not all, but a large amount of sticks and twigs.  Good times.  I had to stop when I couldn't physically grip the rake anymore.

Nancy, I'm trying out your veggie lasagna recipe this week.  It looks really good; I'm excited :)

Have a good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment