Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 33 - 39

Ok guys, this past week has be seriously frustrating.  Let me tell you why.


  1. I'm bloody sic of Nutrisystem.  The food is still good, but it's the same thing day after day.  There's not a whole lot of variety for vegetarians (it's awesome that there's a veggie menu, there's just very little on it) then you add in the fact that I'm incredibly picky and that cuts my choices dramatically.  There are maybe 5 items from the lunch menu, and 3 from the dinner menu that I like, so I'm eating the same thing day after day after day.  It's getting really old.
  2. I'm tired of not working out.  Especially right now.  I'm not working, so I'm at home all day sending out resumes.  I'd like nothing more than to go for a morning run and then maybe something else at night.  Not only would it burn some calories, but it would alleviate some of the monotony of my day.  
  3. I keep giving in to my cravings.  A lot of this is because I'm sick of my diet, but no excuses.  I'll eat something I know I shouldn't then I spend the next few hours, days, weeks, berating myself for it.  You know, I read somewhere that naturally skinny people never think about food.  When they're hungry they eat, when they're not they don't, and the time in between is not spent thinking about what they will eat next.  I want to be that person.  But instead of being that person, I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about food, especially now when I have nothing else going on.  I think about food and my weight and my desire to be thin non-stop.  

So I'm changing things up once again.  Some days I'll do the Nutrisystem, some days I won't.  The days I don't I'll workout and I won't eat the crap I shouldn't.  I've been looking through my cookbooks and I've earmarked some recipes to try.   So I'm gonna do some grocery shopping and start cooking.  Maybe I can get my folks to eat it too.  Not to make them vegetarians, but to keep them out of a drive-thru.



Day 39 Weight: 182.6  Down 9.8 Pounds.  Not bad for 5 weeks, but I feel like it should be more; like it could be more.  My weigh has fluctuated so much that in all actuality I've probably lost somewhere between 15 and 20 pounds, but they've been duplicates.  I mean, at one point I was down to 180.something.  I'll never make my goal if I keep being weak and giving in to my cravings.  Gotta be stronger than this!

Day 39 Food:
Breakfast - Nutrisystem Granola Bar
Lunch - Taco Bell Bean and Cheese Burrito (FAIL)
Dinner - Whataburger Fish Filet Sandwhich and fries (Double FAIL)

Day 39 Workout: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred level 1 workout.  I've been using this DVD for awhile and I really like it.  Cardio, strength, and abs in a 30 minute workout.  Very good.  The only problem is that Jillian Michaels is the host.  You know who she is, the mean trainer from The Biggest Loser.  I really, really can't stand her.  I don't like her on that show and I don't like her on the DVD.  So I set up my iPod, play my own music and put her on mute.  So it was nice.  A little Goldfrapp, David Gueta, Neon Trees and a whole lot of butt kicking.  

If you've not laughed yet today, scroll down.  I'm gifting you with some pics from tonight's workout.

As always, thanks so much for the support and for all of those who keep asking for new posts.  I appreciate it.





4 comments:

  1. Make this:

    http://journeytofabulousfoods.blogspot.com/2011/02/fresh-vegetable-lasagna.html

    I promise it is super tasty, very filling & low calorie. It's not hard to make...just takes some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nance, That looks really good. What's a jelly roll pan? Do I have to have that or can I use a baking sheet or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna be your crazy coach who sits on the couch.
    Giving into your cravings is normal. Though you may disagree, you are human. As for the first two...Stop whining! I eat the same thing 5 nights out of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for mixing it up. Exercise rules and shouldn't be cut out for the sake of not eating enough calories! :)

    ReplyDelete