Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Days 1 & 2

Day 1 Food:
Breakfast - Nutri System Banana Nut Muffin
Mid Morning - Small handful of grapes
Lunch - Banana & Nutri System Black Bean Tortilla Soup
Mid Afternoon - Apple
Dinner - Nutri System Veggie Lasagna
Dessert - Nutri System Chocolate Cake Bar

Yesterday was actually Day 1, I just didn't feel like posting my Intro and Day 1, so the weight posted yesterday (192.4 - gross) was Day 1's weight.  I also did not work out yesterday because I was trying to get this blog started.  So yeah... that was Day 1.

Day 2 Weight:  189.6.  Now don't get excited, I didn't really lose almost 3 pounds in one day.  Yesterday I weighed at night after a full day of eating.  You're at your heaviest at night.  Today I weighed first thing in the morning (after using the restroom) which is when you're at your lightest.  So that's why there's such  a dramatic difference in weight.

Day 2 Food:
Breakfast - Nutri System Cinnamon Roll
Mid Morning - Apple
Lunch - Nutri System Black Beans and Rice (I really, really like black beans)
Mid Afternoon - 5 Grapes (Literally 5 grapes.  It's all I had)
Dinner - Nutri System Thick Crust Pizza
Dessert - Chocolate and Peanut Bar

Day 2 Workout: All I did tonight was a 15 minute ab workout.  I spent the day feeling nauseous and didn't want to push it.  I think until my body gets used to eating less I'm going to have to go easy on the workouts.

As far as the food goes, it's actually really good.  Lots better than I thought it would be.  I was expecting some bland but palatable frozen food that I would just have to tolerate. That, however, is not the case.  The food is actually good, so yay!  Makes it much easier to not cheat.

What does make it hard not to cheat is the fact that the portions are much smaller than I'm used to.  Years ago a personal trainer told me that ideally a person should eat 5 or 6 small meals a day. And by small I mean a portion about the size of the palm of your hand - small.  The idea behind that is that if you feed your metabolism every few hours it will hold on to significantly fewer calories because it knows there are more coming.

Your metabolism is a very paranoid little devil who behaves deplorably without you knowing it.  How many time have you heard an overweight person say, "But I don't really eat that much."  Well, that's the problem!  If you don't feed your metabolism enough, it slows itself down and holds onto whatever you feed it. It's going to stop burning calories because it doesn't know when it will get more.  That's actually how I started putting on weight.  I worked in restaurants for years where I worked through the normal meal times.  I ended up eating some sort of breakfast taco in the morning and then again around 4 o'clock in the afternoon and, many days, that was it.  The large gaps between my meals helped me pack on the weight.

Ok.  That's enough for tonight.  I leave you with yet another incredibly attractive picture of myself, this one from tonight's workout.  Thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. When I was weighing myself, I found it best to weigh in once a week under the same circumstances every time (like naked and post-poop on a Thursday morning, for optimal results). Every day could see quite a bit of variation! My two cents. :)

    I'm glad the food is tasty... I was definitely wondering about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big props to you for opening yourself up to the public to help you reach your goal! I have found that being accountable to someone helps tremendously. Somewhere between 28 & 29 my metabolism decided to take a rest and I had to either lose a few lbs or buy new pants. So from August to December I counted my calories (which I swore I would never do) and had a friend that kept me accountable asking my weight, work outs & calories. It worked! I lost 10 lbs in 4 months. In the past, I've never been able to lose more than 2 before giving up.

    If you find yourself really hungry in the afternoons, try air popped popcorn (or a 100 calorie PopSecret bag). It is VERY filling for only 100 calories.

    I also have some really low-calorie recipes on my blog, if you get tired of frozen meals!

    GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete