Monday, January 24, 2011

Days 5 -7

This weekend was hard for me (work stuff) and I, honestly, just couldn't be bothered to post.  I didn't write down everything I ate, but I did stick to the diet.  Found a couple of the Nutrisystem meals I don't like.  The Vegetarian Sloppy Joe mix had a really good flavor, but I just can't handle the texture. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I haven't found a a ground beef substitute I like.  The other thing I didn't like was a Fausage (fake sausage) pasta dish.  I think I can send back the items I don't like for a refund.  I need to check that out.

My co-worker, Sarah, brought me these cranberry, oatmeal raisin cookies today.  Don't know if she's crazy or just evil, but I did not eat them.

She redeemed herself by also bringing dried cranberries and organic almonds.


Things I ate this weekend that are not on my diet are: a bite of garlic bread, a Morning Star Farms fausage patty,  a sour worm candy thing, and a salad when we went out for lunch Sunday.  The salad consisted of spinach, tomato, egg, green and red bell pepper, cucumber, and about an ounce of ranch dressing.

Now for today's stats:

Day 7 Weight: 185.4

Day 7 Food: 
Breakfast - Nutrisystem Banana Nut Muffin
Mid Morning - Grapes
Lunch - Nutrisystem Veggie Chili
Mid Afternoon - Banana
Dinner - Nutrisystem Pizza
Dessert - Nutrisystem Chocolate Crunch Bar

Day 7 Workout: Started P90X all over again.  Today's workout was chest and shoulders.  It consisted of 6 different types of push ups, 3 different types of pull ups (I use the elastic bands because I can't do a real pull up), and 3 dumbbell exercises.  The workout lasted 50 minutes and then I did a 15 minute ab routine.  Tomorrow I will be in pain.

This isn't the first time I've done P90X.  My parents and I started doing this workout last summer.  We stuck with it for about 7 weeks until life got in the way.  For my folks it was football season and work and for me it was a 10 day vacation.  So now I'm starting over.  Good times.

We turned our sun room into a workout area. 

The thing I like about P90X is the fact that it's not just a weight lifting program.  It incorporates cardio and flexibility to promote all over fitness.  Plus, the only way you can outgrow the system is if you get too strong for the weights you have. But even then, you just take your workbook to the gym and use the weights there.  I suppose that could be a drawback as well.  To properly do P90X, you do have to be outfitted with weights and what not.  We had some of the stuff we needed, like some dumbbells and bands, but we did have to expand our collection of both.  We also had to buy a chin up bar.  Then we discovered that we didn't have a good doorway to use the chin up bar, so my Pops and I had to build a door frame.   All in all, cost quite a bit of money.  If you want to go a cheaper route, but like the idea of following a program like this try Insanity.  Both of my brothers have done Insanity workouts and said they've incredibly difficult and that you don't need any extra equipment, you just use your own body mass.

The door frame we built to support the chin up bar we bought.




Mmmk.  That's it for tonight.  As always, thanks so much for reading. 

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up girl! You rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your miserable work out pics crack me up :) You go girl, keep up all the hard work it pays off in the end <3 I gained about 35lbs last spring and it was a bitch to get it off, but oh, so worth every mile ran, and dinner roll avoided.

    Much love and support,
    Kin

    ReplyDelete