Monday, January 31, 2011

Days 10 - 15

Hello, hello.  I'm back.  I apologize for being away so long, hopefully no one thinks I've given up already. Since I've been gone so long, today's post will not be in the normal format.  I'm not sure what I weigh at the moment and I haven't been writing down what I've eaten.  I know, I fail.

The reason I haven't posted since last Thursday is because I went to Austin to celebrate my birthday.  I had a lovely time with my friends to celebrate my 31st year on the planet.  It was a weekend of pampering (got my hair done; I'm blonde once again), karaoke, and Austin food.  I'm not going to lie; I did not stay on my diet this weekend.  I meant to, but I was screwed before I even got into Austin.  I'd planned to take my food with me and eat it whenever I could.  However, me being the horribly impatient packer I am, I failed to toss it in my bag.  I'm really bad at packing.  I always just assume I've got everything I need, but very rarely do I actually have everything I need.  I good about making sure I have everything when I head back home, but that's probably because I didn't really take anything.

So food this weekend consisted of: fake chicken sandwiches, chips and queso, pizza, Taco Bell, and Jason's Deli.  Nope, not on my diet.  



Workout for this weekend consisted of: Waking around the mall, rushing around Target then Ulta then JC Penny's, sitting for 4 hours in a salon chair, trying  not to flinch while getting my eyebrows done, dancing to some amazing karaoke, and cuddling with various house pets while watching movies.

OK.  Big announcement.  I'm going to have to change my workout/diet plan.  After some discussion and a bit of research, I have decided that P90X and Nutrisystem will not work together.  It all comes down to calories.  The P90X literature recommends a diet of at least 1800 protein packed calories while the Nutrisystem diet only provides about 1000 (plus snacking on fruit between meals).  I'm not eating enough calories to take full advantage of the P90X.  So new plan.  I'm going to stay on the Nyrtisystem for a few months.  During this time, I'll concentrate on running and building up my endurance.  Then, I'll switch over to the P90X to finish up and get some toning done.  Hopefully, this will end my gaining weight while sticking to my diet.

Once again,  thank you to all who read and comment and follow.  It makes me feel loved and supported.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. In no way should you be expected to stay with it on your birthday. I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete